Couples Counselling is a practical and efficient means of restoring a connection and trust by fostering improved communication and problem-solving.
Benefits of couples counselling
- Feel closer to your partner
- Create a happy, loving and lasting relationship
- Resolve conflicts efficiently and productively
- Engage in constructive, rather than destructive communication
At some point most couples experience a feeling of a disconnection from their partner. Couples may seek therapy at any stage and for any number of reasons including anger, lack of intimacy or general difficulty in the relationship. You don’t need to be in a ‘bad marriage’ to be in couples therapy. Many people with strong partnerships choose this path to enhance their relationships.
When to seek help
- Lack of emotional intimacy
- Lack of sexual interest
- A decrease in quality time together
- Loss of interest in your partner’s life
- Affair or betrayal
- Violence, addiction or health concerns
- In times of crisis or transition
I can help you
- Enhance your emotional safety and trust
- Enhance your ability to communicate
- Learn to validate each others’ opinions, feelings and desires
- Foster a deeper sense of respect and friendship
- Reconnect with common values
- Confront fears about intimacy or infidelity
- Strengthen your commitment
Your relationship crisis is an opportunity to re-evaluate what is important and to recommit to your loved one. Learn to communicate and enhance your relationship.
I welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender couples to my practice.
Jennifer Mansell – 250.339.4141